Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wowzers

I think recipe is going to save me from my sweets cravings.



Raw Fudgie Brownies
(from SparkRecipes.com)

1 cup walnuts

1 cup dates, pitted (about 8 big dates)

1/4 cocoa powder

Process in the food processor until well blended. Press into a small (8x8) pan and pop in the freezer until they are firm enough to cut. OR you can roll the dough into "truffles." Store in a zip lock in the freezer. (I rolled mine into balls.)


Obviously, for this to be "raw" you need to use the raw versions of the ingredients.

I added about a Tbs of this raw chocolate sauce I love just to make it a little sticker, but it probably wasn't necessary. A word to the wise, dates (not unlike prunes and other dried fruits) do have a laxative effect. So don't go and eat the whole batch at once, k?

Sorry no pic, but they are brown and rich looking. ;)


ETA: shell, they are dried dates and I got them at the produce market. I'm guessing most grocery stores have them either with the rainsins or the bulk foods.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm that sounds pretty good. Is it hard to find the fresh dates? I may have to try it. Yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! Have to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)