Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V-Day!

We are still on our trip. The big wedding was today. So, the hubs and I didn't really get to celebrate Valentine's Day. It's always been a low-key holiday for us though. Just exchanging cards and small tokens... candy, flowers, the usual.

Today more than ever, I am very thankful for my sweetheart. We have had some ups and downs, as any married couple has. We are not much for flowery words or big public displays of affection. It's just not who we are. Young love is fun and exciting, but there is a real sense of comfort in many years of loving and leaning on eachother. Our love is slow and steady and has stood the test of time. To me, that is what marriage is all about.

I thank God daily for the gift of love and my caring, loyal husband.

3 comments:

  1. Found out I can post with my IE :)

    Happy V Day!

    There is something so beautiful and comforting about "old" love. lol

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet thoughts. It's hard to believe how many years of marriage we've already gone though (survived)!! :) Hope your trip back went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet and true.

    Butterflies are rare these days but the security and trust and comfort and love and acceptance is so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)