Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cran-Orange Muffins

I used the "Muffin Recipe" from the NJ La Leche League cookbook and came up with these little ditties. I love cranberries and citrus together. I tried to keep them on the healthy side so I didn't know how they would taste.
Can I just say that whole wheat pastry flour is the best stuff? It subs in for all-purpose flour so much better than the regular stuff. Here's the recipe as I made it. It yielded about 3 dozen mini muffins. Might have been more if the little guy wasn't trying to eat all the batter.
FYI these are not overly sweet. They are tasty plain and even better with a little butter and honey. They were a big hit at the LLL meeting!


Cran-Orange Muffins

3 eggs

1 cup orange juice

1/3 c. butter, melted and cooled a bit

2 3/4 c. whole wheat pastry flour

4 tsp. baking powder

pinch of salt

3/4 c. chopped cranberries tossed with about 2 Tbs sugar

Mix wet ingredients together. Blend dry ingredients. Stir wet and dry together until JUST moistened. You do not want to overmix. Fold in cranberries. Fill up greased muffin tins almost to the top.
Bake at 400 until they spring back when gently pressed in the middle.
About 10 minutes for mini or 15-20 for regular muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)