Thursday, March 5, 2009

I did it!

I officially started the garden. I even made my own newspaper pots!

Today the little guy and I made a trip to the garden center for seeds and some soil.
He had fun helping me pick out the seeds. He wanted "the little carrots" and picked out a pack of marigolds for some reason. He also kept putting packets of watermelon in my basket even though I already had some in there. I was going to order seeds from Seeds of Change, but they were sold out of a few things I wanted and I didn't really feel like paying for shipping. Maybe next year I'll get a few things from them. We'll see how it goes!

I ordered my own copy of New Square Foot Gardening so I don't have to keep borrowing from my mom or the library. I coerced my bro to come down and help me built the boxes this spring.
I'll admit, I am a little put off by the initial costs of building the boxes and purchasing some of the "ingredients" for the soil. But hopefully the results will be worth it. I know W will enjoy helping out in the garden this summer either way.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Can't wait to see it grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you are so organized.

    http://web.me.com/bluestocking_bb/The_Bluestocking_Guide/Book_Reviews/Entries/2009/3/8_One_Year_Later.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful garden!! Do tell us the ins and outs to it!

    And congratulations!! May the Lord keep blessing you as you walk in His strength!!

    ~BellaMama
    ~BellaWool on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)