Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 3: No Spend Month

Yeah, so I went into this without much of a plan.

I figured if I planned things out I might wind up spending more in anticipation of the experiment. Which of course would defeat the whole purpose, right?

I think I need to get my butt in gear and do some grocery shopping and menu planning. (This pregnancy has really been kicking my butt. Maybe because I'm a few years older?) It would also be a good idea to come up with some free activities to do with the kiddo this month. I hope the weather warms up again soon!

Wouldn't you know that I've been getting tons of SALE emails and fliers. It seems like the prices are lower than ever in an attempt to get people to loosen up the purse strings. The one that tempted me the most was for the photo studio. I haven't had professional pics taken of W since his baptism. Every time I get close to going I talk myself out of it and sometimes enlist a friend to help do a home photoshoot. (cough dirkey cough) Maybe it's time to do that again.

Then Suzie Orman was on Oprah yesterday talking with people who are out of work and in big trouble financially. It's crazy how quickly your savings can evaporate and your debt accumulate when you loose your income for even a few months.

That scared me straight! I need to start thinking of ways to pinch more pennies so we can save more. Thus the point of this whole experiment.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. Way to do more with less. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)