Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gardening Setback

I am having a tough time getting this garden set up. K hasn't been able to help me much and I realized yesterday that it's basically going to be impossible for me to do alone.
My brother came down and built me some boxes so that was good. K did pick up the vermiculite I needed.

But actually assembling the garden is proving to be a challenge. I have no where to mix up the soil. No wheelbarrow to move my compost. I tried putting everything in a trashcan with the intention of rolling it across the lawn. Nope. The lid didn't lock on and I wound up carrying the darn thing instead. Meanwhile my son stood inside the doorway and SCREAMED at me for no other reason than he is two and grouchy. Did I mention that the hose is turned off for the winter? The only way to turn it back on is to go under the house in the crawl space and turn it on. Not doing that in my current condition.

I've already dumped too much $$ in the set-up to give up now. Sigh. Maybe by June I'll actually have something in the ground?

4 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm sure you'll get it set up eventually. Fortunatly, there is still plenty of time. And with all the cold weather we've hand, it's probably better you waited till now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I betcha by July you will be enjoying your garden bounty? Or are you referring to flower gardens? I have started a vegetable garden and thus far the rabbits have not carried it away. But I have a LOT more time and fewer "distractions" than you have:) Stay well! Love to all, Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't take much to confuse me, but I think I already sent my reply. If not, don't give up! Never, ever! XOX Marge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry too much about timing, Mama. Having grown up planting and tending a huge garden each year, I know it's okay to get started a little late. All that means is that you'll be enjoying the fruits of your labor well into the fall:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)