Sunday, April 26, 2009

LLLove

Yesterday was the first day of the La Leche League of NJ conference. It was great. My wonderful hubs manned the store's booth while I got to sit in on a few sessions. It was cool to see so many happy babies riding in carriers and nursing whenever they needed to. A rare sight in our culture to be sure.
It was all so.... normal.

There were many loving daddies and some toddlers and older kids too.
What I didn't see (or hear) were screaming babies or tantruming tots. That struck me this year for some reason. Maybe it's because I was aware of how many babies there were. The only one I heard even cry was a little girl that fell down and bumped herself. I mentally compared that to the noise level at the mall or the boardwalk or any other public place there are babies and young children. (My kid included!)

I guess it was just nice to be around a lot of other young families. And after hearing about birth, breastfeeding and babies all day I am so ready for this little one to be here already!

I'll post more about what I learned later this week when I have a chance to reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)