Sunday, April 19, 2009

No-Spend Month Day 22

Well, I made it about 2 weeks before buying an egg McMuffin. : (

For some reason I've been craving them this pregnancy. The rest of fast food is a big turn off though. So that hasn't been much of a temptation. I was good for another week until last night. We had some family time on the boardwalk to enjoy the lovely weather. We went ahead and bought dinner at my fav Cafe and then split a monkey bread.
My appetite is coming back! I think I'm going to have a hard time resisting the temptation of take-out the rest of the month. I guess I need to find some new snack ideas I can make at home.

As far as everything else goes, the challenge has been a good exercise. It's pretty apparent that my "latte factor" is convenience foods. It's been a good discipline to get back into cooking dinner from scratch each night. I can see that this exercise has been good for the hubs too. For example he started bringing home big sturdy copy paper boxes since we needed more storage. Normally he would have just gone out and gotten some more of the plastic bins. So I can see us both getting a little more creative.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing soooo good! Way to go! My latte factor is definitely getting convenience food so I really relate to that. I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)