Saturday, April 11, 2009

The un-killable Plant

If you have a brown thumb, try out some Aloe plants. Not only are they great for soothing burns and scrapes, but they are beyond hearty. I have heard it said they "thrive on neglect." They don't like too much sun or water which is basically the opposite of most plants.

Case in point:


I put these in my garage to prevent them from getting killed by frost last fall. I had intentions of moving them to the house, but I basically forgot about them. They might have been watered once the entire winter, but I'm not sure. Today I moved them outside again to get a little rain and to be neglected on my porch all summer.

I wish I could say the same about my sad sad boston fern... : (

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)