Monday, June 1, 2009

Chocolate Mug Cake

I never cook in the microwave, but when I got an email for 3 minute chocolate cake I had to give it a try. I found a similar recipe on Recipezaar so I went with that one.

It turned out pretty good! It wasn't as good as cake from the oven, but it is a great quick fix. Mine was a little on the dry side but I think that has to do with my microwave. I'm going to play around with cooking times. I think that frosting, chocolate syrup, ice cream or something like that would have made it better.

Give it a try! Magic Chocolate Mug Cake

ETA: If you are watching what you eat, be sure to check out the calories first. This is not a healthy dish. It makes a BIG serving so you could easily eat half and save the rest. Or check out the suggestions to replace some/all of the oil with applesauce. You could also use a sugar replacement to cut back some more. I'm going to play around with the recipe now that I've figured it out.

2 comments:

  1. I linked to the recipe. It looked good and easy, but adjacent to the ingredients is the nutritional value.

    OMgoodness! 797 calories! I can only ever eat it if I decide to sacrifice all the rest of my meals that day...is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I didn't really check out the calorie content. LOL
    If we knew what a slice of cake had it in at a restaurant we probably wouldn't eat that either.
    But if you check the comments you can see that some people subbed in apple sauce for part/all the oil which would help a lot. I am guessing most of the calories come from the oil and egg.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)