Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Garden Update and other News

I took this picture of my garden a few weeks ago. It has since gotten even bigger! The tomatoes and green beans have out grown their respective cages and are falling all over each other. I have only harvested some sugar snap peas and baby lettuce when I thinned the beds. There are green tomatoes, cucs and zucchini that will be ready soon.

As promised, the Square Foot Method does cut down on the upkeep. Though you still have to do some weeding. I didn't get most of my herbs planted this year, but that's ok. I haven't felt like cooking anything fancy anyway. I do have a buttload of basil and I was going to attempt pesto for the first time. Guess that means I need to go to the grocery store for parm and pine nuts.
.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
.
In other news, the little man and I are going on a trip this week. I need to start packing today. We will be flying out with my mom to visit my gram who I haven't seen in over a year. She has ongoing health issues and had a bad hospital stay not too long ago. She is mostly recovered, but as she is getting older and I am going to have a new baby soon, the time to visit is now. We will be celebrating her Bday while we are out there. I am just praying my "spirited" child behaves ok at her not-at-all-childproofed house. Hopefully we will have nice weather and I can keep him busy outside a lot.
.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
.
Nothing going on with the pregnancy, which is a good thing, right? Still trying to watch my sugar intake and get some exercise. Still not feeling great, but definitely better once I started taking Floradix. Can't complain! Everything seems to be right on track. I feel the baby moving, but this kid is definitely not as active as W was. Maybe that's a sign.

pregnancy

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning the YoBaby Giveaway on my blog! I'll send you an email. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garden looks divine. So much green!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)