Monday, August 17, 2009

one month


This picture was taken last weekend. I think I'm much bigger in the belly this time. I'll have to look up some old pictures to compare. Feelin' kinda huge!

Can't believe I only have a month left, give or take. I know that our family is going to change completely with this new addition. It's exciting and a bit scary too.

This past week I have turned into crazy-nesting-organizing woman. My house is covered in clutter and it is driving me freaking nuts. I have just been tossing stuff in. the. trash. I never do that! (Landfill guilt.) I did get some more boxes off to Goodwill too. I still feel like I have so much to do and little time to get it done. Maybe I think having an organized home will make the transition easier somehow?

Thankfully this child has been a bit less energetic than W. (He used to violently kick me in the ribs and lungs all the time.) This little one squirms and moves around a lot, but without the violent jabs. Even though the 3rd trimester has me feeling better than I expected... and way better than the 1st and 2nd... I am done! One weird thing about this pregnancy is that I'm getting new stretch marks on the left side only. Baby's butt is frequently sticking out on that side and making my belly lopsided.

I have made significant progress on "the list" and have started collecting stuff from the wish list. This month I plan to stock my freezer with easy meals, continue with the house cleaning and set up the last of the baby equipment. If I'm feeling up to it, I'd like to plan a few fun outings for me and my little man. I am going to miss all the days when it was just us. I have really enjoyed our time together and I'm thankful for our three years together. He has been so sweet and funny lately. This a really fun age. Part of me doesn't want to share him, you know? I'm guessing that's a common feeling when you go from one to two.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you and your husband are so beautiful to look at! Really! I want to see more of you on this blog, k? ;) I can't wait to "meet" baby.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!

    My kid had her butt on the right side making me lopsided as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally get what you are saying - I adore Tessa but still miss the times when Sabrina was my little sidekick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely beautiful! What a great picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great K...I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)