Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pink or Blue?


Right after people ask, "When are you due?"
They follow up with something about the gender... did you find out yet? are you going to find out? what do you want?
Oh and my biggest pet-peeve, "Were you trying for a girl?"
Huh? How exactly would one do that? It's basically a 50/50 shot, people.

So yes, blog-o-sphere, we had planned to find out. I was really excited about the big ultrasound, but long story short we decided against it due to factors beyond our control.

I can honestly say, all I want is a healthy baby. My main motivation for finding out was so we could continue fighting pick out a name and make some gender specific stuff. You all know I'm a planner at heart. I wanted to know! Now that we are nearing the end, I can say I've accepted the surprise aspect and am kinda looking forward to finding out the old fashioned way.

The first time, I really had my heart set on a girl. I'm not a "girly-girl" at all, but I do wear make-up and skirts and enjoy being a woman if that makes sense. I have 4 younger brothers and no sisters. No female cousins my age either. The hubs only has a brother as well. So there are a lack of females in the family. I was disappointed after the u/s showed that we were expecting a boy. I was glad I had some time to bond with the idea of a son before he was born.

But now, I love my little boy so much that I know once I meet the babe it won't be a thought in my mind. Boys are so fun and crazy and are still very lovey-dovey. It would be fun for DS to have a brother to play with. And of course it would be cheaper. I do have a sneaking suspicion that boys are more work when they are toddlers due to their sheer energy level and natural curiosity, but my mom did say my little brother was the easy one, not me. No guarantees there.

Everyone keeps asking if I have a prediction. I initially had a feeling it might be a girl this time because the pregnancy has been so different. W keeps saying it's a girl too. I'm not sure how many chances I'm going to get at motherhood so I would like to experience having a daughter if I can.

On the other hand, I had a very vivid dream that it was a boy. And since I already have a boy, it's easy to say "he" when referring to the baby. So really, I don't know what to think!

I know that my relationships with each of my children will be unique and different regardless of gender. What's meant to be will be! One thing is for sure, the anticipation is killing me. I can't wait to find out.
...

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find out either!! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding out the "old fashioned" way is so wonderful. I can't wait to see what you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I can't wait to find out...and I LOVE that dress I was oogling over it on the Gymbo site! I LOVED the surprise on our kids! It's a magical moment!

    I did hate it when people acted disappointed when I'd say we weren't finding out (when I was preggo with three of the four)...?? I dont get the disappointment in OTHER people's (and strangers to boot)pregnancies! LOL...
    I'm excited for you!

    YOu could always name her Martha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, I have to say it is much easier to make/buy a gift for someone if you know the gender ahead of time. But I hear ya. :)

    Love that dress. Girls definitely have cuter clothing options.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)