Friday, August 14, 2009

Stocking the Freezer

Add some more to my to-do list! I want to get as many freezer meals together as possible to get us through the last month of pregnancy and the "babymoon" to follow. I have heard a rumor that my friends might be helping me out with this task. :)

Oh and I'm trying to avoid dairy because I have read a lot about that causing fussiness in babies. If I can in anyway minimize the colic that I experienced with W, I am going to try it. I'm also avoiding soy if I can due to hormonal reasons. Yeah, good luck, right?


Here's some of the recipes I've collected:

Shepherd's Pie

Crock Pot Chicken w/ Black Beans

Just Like Thanksgiving Chicken

Ham Rolls

Breakfast Burritos


Lactation Cookies - who knows if they do anything, but they sound yummy and there might be some truth to the ingredients being helpful for postpartum moms

Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. There is rice ice cream??? ( I think thats what it is) My friend A uses it because she is milk free too in her diet and a few other moms are. There is also a few good recipes that I have tried from another friend. I will have to get for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the rice ice cream, but the coconut milk ice cream is da bomb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting sooo close. How exciting.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lasagna and hashbrown casserole were always constants in my freezer (when i had one). The rest are ice cream pail soup (whatever soup you desire; guess what it's stored in ;)) and chicken pot pie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)