Thursday, October 29, 2009

multitasking

I have been itching to start a new knitting project for awhile now and finally got the motivation to cast on. I am making D a new pair of longies (wool pants that serve as a cloth diaper cover) with Malabrigo Merino yarn in "Citrus." This is some seriously yummy, squishy yarn.

I had planned this pair of pants to be gender neutral but there is a bit of pinky peach in the colorway so we'll see how they turn out. I also wanted to try making cables for the first time. So far I have had to rip back to the waistband twice but I think I might have it down now. Oh and I'm using the Butt Knits basic pattern and making up the cabling part.
So who thinks I'll actually finish these before he outgrows them? :)

1 comment:

  1. Just LOVE the color...looks like sherbert to me. MMMMM! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)