Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15 ~ A day to Remember

Somewhere between 15% to 25% of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. It is something most people don't think about until it touches them personally. The truth is, it is a shockingly common experience. This painful loss is usually mourned in silence. October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day in the US and Canada. At 7pm on the 15th women all across the country will be lighting candles for an hour to remember babies lost to miscarriage or still birth.


Life moves on. There are new joys to celebrate. Still, I will never forget the babies I never got to meet. I will be lighting two candles tonight and saying a prayer for my "sisters" who are remembering their losses as well.


http://october15th.com/

http://www.babylosscomfort.com/

2 comments:

  1. will be lighting our candle as well. Remembering our little one and your little ones and all the others that we hold only in our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to every one who has experienced a miscarriage and for the babies lives that were never born.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)