Sunday, November 1, 2009

Boo!





I heart Halloween! I love dress up and candy. I admit I "phoned in" the costumes for the kids this year, but they still look darn cute! The weather was unseasonably warm so we got in a great photoshoot outside.

I was not feelin' the Trick or Treat action this year. I try pretty hard to avoid giving the kiddo sugary junk. So having him collect a big bag of the stuff that I'd have to ration out later didn't seem like a good idea. I think next year he would understand something like "the candy fairy" a little better. (That's where they trade in their extra candy Halloween for a toy... sorta like the Tooth Fairy.) But then there is still the dilemma of what to do with it. Toss it into the landfills? Eat it all myself? Have the hubs bring it to work? IDK. None of those appeal to me. Maybe I'll figure something out by next year.

Since this is one of my favorite holidays I wanted to do something fun. So we had a family movie instead. W and I baked some cookies, dragged his fluffy comforter to the living room, lit candles and shut off all the lights. We watched It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown while snacking on cookies and popcorn. W had a great time handing out Yummy Earth lollies to the "Trick or Treats" as he called them. In the end, we did wind up running across the street to say Hi and get some candy from a couple neighbors who were out on their porch.... a few pieces of chocolate to round out the night. :)

6 comments:

  1. How cute! And the little one with his bald head and serious expression totally cracked me up.

    I heard a great idea this year - a local dentist here buys your halloween candy at $1 per pound, then he sends it all to the troops. Isn't that cool? You could donate it that way directly - I'm bringing it all to work. The boy loved getting it but isn't into eating it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea to send it to the troops! I wonder if anyone does that near me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn cute. Love love love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)