Saturday, January 2, 2010

reflections

First off HAPPY NEW YEAR to my 10's of readers. :)



I have been thinking a lot about this blog and my priorities in general. I still love writing, crafts and photography, but this blog has taken a back burner.

I started this blog about 4 years ago. It was a fun way to share my teaching adventures. Then I transitioned to SAHM and WHAM and this blog became a way to document these precious early years with my kiddo(s) and share them with family and friends. Now with Facebook I can share pictures with family and connect with friends. With Ravelry I can record my projects and chat with other fiber addicts.

I feel like it's time to keep the kid stuff a little more private than a public blog. Then I had to decide if I wanted to keep blogging about other topics.

The conclusion I came to? I just don't have time. And there are already so many amazing bloggers out there who cover green, thrifty and simple living topics. I will still be reading and commenting when I can, but I really need to focus on my home life and my business right now.

SO, if you would like to keep up with what the boys and I are doing email me for the password. I'll be going password protected in a couple weeks. Turns out Blogger has no password protect thing so I'm going to start a new blog and you'll need an email invite. :)

Maybe someday when I'm more organized and have gotten down a better routine to my life, I'll start the public blogging again. It is fun and I have met some great "friends in my head" over these years. This is a bittersweet decision. And I do hope that my friends/family will still keep checking in and commenting.

7 comments:

  1. Count me in please - I am like you, I rarely post these days, but I do like to read everyone's posts every now and then even if I dont comment much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like your new blog address. You have my email and everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan...it's hard enough to get through each day with two kiddos. I've always enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Email me an invite, I love reading your updates :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((hugs)) I totally understand! After taking a break, it has been hard to come back. I know that you are making the right choice for your family though. I hope I will still see you lots of you in comment land :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find blogging more and more difficult - although for me it is lack of content. My kids are cute but come on - how many photos can even the grandmas look at? It was much more interesting to read when I had adoption drama and pregnancy drama to write about. But I keep doing it because of how often I go back to look and see when one of the girls started doing something or how I made a soup. It is a resource for me and my kids...as well as a way to keep in touch with the few people who still visit. But I completely understand you shutting down - I think about it often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in too, I'd love to be able to keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)