Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Mother's Day Post

It's Mother's Day again; a day to honor moms in all stages of "mothering."

Mothering is hands down the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. I love my children more than I realized I could. But the day-to-day care is often a challenge. Being a parent has changed me and made me a less selfish person. My world is consumed with caring for these two little people and I feel like that's how it's supposed to be right now. And like most things, if you are going to do it "right" it's probably not going to be easy. Keeping a sense of humor and lots of prayer keep me going. :)

I also appreciate my own mother much more since I have had my own kids. I realize why she is a little bit crazy. It's partly my fault. haha (Happy Mother's Day, Mom!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. -Abraham Lincoln

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much. -Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

The mother, more than any other, affects the moral and spiritual part of the children's character. She is their constant companion and teacher in formative years. The child is ever imitating and assimilating the mother's nature. It is only in after life that men gaze backward and behold how a mother's hand and heart of love molded their young lives and shaped their destiny. -E.W. Caswell

The joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed. -unknown ;)

1 comment:

  1. The last quote was my fav. They are so beautiful when they sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)