Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Our plans are low-key today. Just like my hubby likes it.
Our oldest was sick yesterday so we skipped church to prevent the germ-sharing . (Though his high fever is gone this morning so he's on the mend.) We spent some family time this morning blowing bubbles and just enjoying eachother's company. This evening I will attempt to cook a free-range tenderloin a la Pioneer Woman and make some mashed taters. The hubs loves meat and potatoes as I'm guessing lots of guys do. Unfortunately (for him) meat and potatoes have "special occasion" status at our house. Other than that, I'll give my pops a call. Maybe we'll have a family movie night too.
I've been enjoying our little famliy lately. Things are calming down on many fronts and I see some routine settling into our lives again. And routine is a very good thing for my guys. :)

Happy Father's Day to all the Daddies out there!

Here are some quotes for you:

"A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society."
- Billy Graham, Christian Evangelist

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
- Theodore Hesburgh, Catholic Priest and President Emeritus of the University of Notre Dame

"It is much easier to become a father than to be one."
- Kent Nerburn, U.S. Author and Educator

"A father is a guy who has snapshots in his wallet where his money used to be."
- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)