Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm so blue-hoo-hoo!

Anyone watch Veggie Tales?


Here're the spoils of our first blueberry picking trip.


The berries were delicious, cheap and best of all organic-ish!
(They aren't certified but they do not spray the berries.)
This was the first year I actually have enough to put some in the freezer. (Thanks to my mom for helping.) We usually only get enough to eat up in a couple weeks. W was much more into it this year which helps. I plan on going back a few more times before the season is over. It would be awesome to have enough for smoothies all winter long!



4 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! We are already planning to go cherry picking (again) and strawberry picking once they are in season. I need to see if I can find a pick your own blueberry farm locally too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long does blueberry season last, anyway? I really want to get out and pick some this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Madam Blueberry, in The Ballad of Little Joe, she is still my favorite Veggie Tale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how big he is!

    Nell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)