Monday, June 14, 2010

Mutant Muffins


These are banana chocolate mutant muffins (name my own). Yes they taste as good as they look.
.
I was inspired by this post.
.
Since I don't need gluten free, I used a recipe for banana bread from here. (My new fav recipe btw.) I divided the batter and put about 1/4 c. cocoa powder in one half and 1/2 c. choc chips in the other. I could have used a shot of honey or something in the cocoa powder side to bump up the moisture/sweetness, but they were still good.
.
Normally the hubs doesn't get into the baked goods but he was really raving about these little babies. Now the 3yo has a thing about chocolate chips. If I put chips in anything he simply shreds the goodies to dig out the chips. Uh. No. But I gave him some plain banana bread with a little cream cheese and he couldn't get enough. So yeah. Weirdo.

1 comment:

  1. These look so good! Have you ever made rainbow cupcakes? I havent yet but they look like fun. Like the ones here:

    http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/05/cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)