Thursday, September 23, 2010

B is for Baby Shower

B is for....
Bird! Baby! Boy!

A few weeks ago we threw a shower for a dear friend of mine. As you can see, we went with a birdie theme. (Birds & trees are the nursery theme.) I found so much great inspiration on-line so I am returning the favor and posting some pics.

Invites came from Vista Print. I incorporated one into a wreath for the front door.

I made most of the decorations with printed scrapbook paper and solid card stock. I picked up a 2" circle punch from the craft store (with a coupon of course). To make the garlands I just ran the cut-outs through my trusty sewing machine.


Alternate messages: Welcome to the nest! Feather your nest! About to hatch!
In the end I just kept it simple with a "Welcome Baby" banner.


Instead of a wishing well, we had a wishing shelf.  :)  Guests were instructed to bring a new or used book for baby's library.  Card cage collected card gifts.


LOVE this guest book idea I found on Living Eventfully. I printed free coloring pages from the net. The guests got into and it was a great activity to kill time until the guest of honor arrived. I am going to take the pages to be bound at an office supply store.

Favors were these tasty chocolate nests made w/ chow mein noodles and Jelly Belly "eggs."  (Made by another friend, Em)
A couple general tips, pick up that white tacky stuff from the office supply store to hang decorations on all surfaces. And bring your own tape, scissors, suction cups, etc when you are decorating a space that is not your own. I was so glad I did this time.

Inspiration:

Paper Birds @ Family Fun

About to Hatch Shower @ Living Eventfully

Bird Nest Baby Shower @ My Little Cottage in the Making

Bird Themed Shower @ Leaving My Mark

4 comments:

  1. Best shower ever!!! Thanks so much Mama K, you are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, looks like a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love the theme and the wishing shelf was an amazing twist to the wishing well! MY daughter recieved lots of books in her wishing well and I was able to donate some of the duplicates to the womans shelter and exchange some of the others! everything looked great in the pictures! Kepp up the great blog! I love seeing what you have to say even if I forget to look and read it all in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)