Friday, October 15, 2010

Remembering

I think I'm generally a private person.  However, I do not mind talking about this topic.  In general, I think our culture does not handle it well... if at all. 
I no longer have the bitterness and longing that I once did.  I remember how difficult it was to deal with such a personal and often unspoken loss.  Through the grief I have found a greater appreciation for my life and the little ones I was allowed to keep.  Things happen in this world that don't make sense, that hurt, that seem pointless...  The what-if's are always there, but my hope is in Christ. 

Today my heart goes out to those who are still in the midst of mourning, those who are still waiting to complete their families, those who are still hurting...  I hope that you find healing and I pray that you find peace.

October 15 is Infant and Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day.  Tonight, all around the world, candles will be lit in remembrance.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for so openly sharing what has been on your heart. I know it must have been and still is a difficult thing to live with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)