Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's the most wonderful time...

I have to admit, I've been a little scrooge-like for the past couple years.  2008 sucked all around.  I had just had a baby in 2009. 

But this year?  I am absolutely loving it!  Of course it helps that at four, my oldest is finally old enough to understand and enjoy some of the traditions.  (Last year it seemed to go over his head and he was completely out of sorts on Christmas day.) 

I went shopping on Black Friday afternoon with him.  I still don't think I'm the doorbuster at 4am type.  I much prefer on-line shopping.  :)
But it was great to go in the afternoon.  They had a full staff so there were no lines.  And while I missed out on some stuff, there were enough deals to make it worth it.  We stopped at Starbucks for a chocolate milk (his first!) and a peppermint mocha for me.

W loved decorating the house!  I unpacked the ornaments and he put them on the tree.  I put some special ones towards the top, but he did about 85% of the decorating.  He even put some ornaments on his kitchen set.  How cute is that?


Of course putting the lights on the house with Daddy was pretty much the highlight of his year.


I finished the book advent.  Eventually I will make some eco-friendly reusable wraps for these, but since I have an obscene amount of wrapping paper in my attic I picked a roll and got to it.  Wasn't sure where to put these, but they look pretty nice by the tree. (Like the number labels? Yeah, they are just plain post-its w/ marker. LOL)


Now I am waiting (no so) patiently for all my mail order goodies to make it to me.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics...so sweet to see them finally understanding holidays and all the traditions that go along. Glad this Christmas is so special for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)