Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Linky Love: Homemade Ornament Roundup

I have been collecting tutorials for homemade ornaments.  These are all easy enough for the kids to help with.  I think this is going to be an annual tradition for us.  Last year W and I made cinnamon-applesauce ornaments and handed them out to everyone on our list.  (You can see one of the cinnamon hearts in this post.)

* Cinnamon Applesauce "Cookies" (basic recipe, but there are tons of variations on the web)
* Salt Dough Ornaments .. a classic!
* Beeswax or Crayon Wax Dipped Pinecones
* Recycle Toys into Ornaments
* Sparkly Yarn Ornaments
* Vintage Glitter Snowballs (part of a series of 24 Handmade Ornaments, though not are as kid-friendly to make)
* Retro Snowflakes
* Sparkling Ice Crystals
* Borax Crystals
* Mice (made from Hershey kisses!)
* Felt Wrapped Trees
* Not technically an ornament but this (unbreakable) felt garland is perfect for homes with little ones.
* Button Wreath
As if all that wasn't enough for you, here is a list of holiday books with coordinating kids crafts.  Most are, you guessed it, ornaments.

Shhhhh!  We made these for the Grands last week.



Anyone have others to share?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is the coolest post ever, I looked at every single one. You've inspired me to make some of these this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)