Tuesday, December 7, 2010

my day so far: excuse the lack of grammar

preschooler woke me up at 6:30am...  not unusual but the peed on bed/sheets/comforter was... (way to NOT put a trainer/diaper on the kid last night, mom.  Uh doy!)
grouchy, clingy toddler... again, not completely out there but the quickly ensuing poo-plosion was a bit much...

"Can I have a lollypop?"  "Not now."  "Whyyyyy??" "Um because it's 8am and you haven't eaten breakfast yet."

fed the kids, nurse the tot, feed them both more more more  (Seriously these guys would eat non-stop if they could... but not at dinner.  That is a whole 'nother category apparently.

Boys play w/ playdough... "mommy come eat these cookies I made!" (repeat that about 10x's)

"Can I have a lollypop? Gum? Snack? Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh?"

IMPROMPTU DANCE BREAK.... evacuate the dance floor...

check up on my holiday orders on-line... call customer service to find out an item I ordered awhile ago is no longer available, but yet is still showing up as available for purchase on the site and is showing up as "backordered" on my account... JCPenny, you are on notice!  (along with Kohls but that is another post)
weeeell I thought I was finished Christmas shopping for the kids...

laundry, dishes, laundry, laundry, laundry

"ok WHY are you completely naked?"  (this is a new thing and it results in whining b/c he is cold. no duh.)

"Don't play in the toilet!" 
"Don't put that washcloth/toothpaste/etc etc in the toilet!"
"Don't climb on the stereo speaker!"
"No you can't go out front and mess with the Christmas lights."
"Don't propeller your brother."
"Please stop taking the ornaments off the tree"
"Please plug the tree back in."
"Put the fan back in your room if you would like to keep it."

"I'm cooooold!"  "How about we PUT SOME CLOTHES ON then?"  o.m.g.

(aww they are playing megabloks together.  cuteness.)

baby won't nap

feed them both lunch
story time
let's try that nap again...
"I don't want to do quiet time!!!"  (yeah, yeah, I know, you tell me every.single.day.)

Finally, quiet. 

~~~~~
I am thinking about my morning and laughing because it is not an unusual morning for us.  We sure cram a lot in there, huh?  This also explains why my house is pretty much a disaster and why I honestly don't care one lick about that today...  Life with tiny kids is crazy exhausting and I am still enjoying it.  (Unless you talk to me between the hours of 4:30pm-6pm. I am not enjoying much of anything at that point.) 
Maybe the years of sleep deprivation have warped my brain??
Still 5 more hours 'till Papa K gets home...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, too funny. You have a way of putting it, K. :) It's just never easy, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say K... Your mornings seem almost like mine.. Except we ask for Cookies every morning...(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my morning. And they are worth every minute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)