Thursday, January 27, 2011

Balance

I thought this was a great post and I thought I'd share.

How to Balance Structure and Flexibility in Your Life as a Mom

I like how she tells you to drop the guilt and embrace what you are instead of always focusing on what you are not.

I feel like I am always seeking balancing in my life.  There are times where my life felt somewhat balanced.  So I know it is possible.  It's not a completely unrealistic goal. 

Still I find myself wondering...

How much time do I spend tending to the kids' needs while still meeting mine?

How much do I focus on keeping everything neat and tidy while still letting my kids play and make messes and just be kids?

How do I balance time spent on the housework with time spent on the many other things I'd rather be doing?

When my baby was a newborn, the answer was clear: Soak up every moment of his precious babyhood... I did that and I don't regret it.

Now he is completely a toddler.  A feisty, curious, climbing, tenacious "baby on wheels"... 

I guess that is part of what January is about, setting goals and deciding what is really important.  A new year, a new start and all of that.

So I will continue to seek a balance that works for me and my household.  I embrace this season of my life and realize it comes with a decent level of chaos.  It's ok to be me and it's ok to strive for improvement.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Well stated...this was something I needed to hear today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good mama :)
    My mantra has been I'll do what I can do as long as I get dinner on the table
    Seems like that and trying to do a little every day help me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)