Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Parenting Quotes

One my fav things about Facebook is that I can steal all these great quotes.  Now sometimes I don't know who the authors are and I have to go Google (or Swagbucks) them. ;)  Here are some parenting ones I've enjoyed lately.

"Babies needs haven't changed much over the past thousands of years, but cultural practices of meeting those needs change every generation." ~ Judy Arnall


“Parenting is 10% what our child does -- and 90% how we react to it.” - Dr. Laura Markham


“Parenting is difficult. What separates great parents from poor ones is their ability to fully accept this truth, even embrace it. That way they can stop themselves whenever they’re tempted to get whiny. Every behavior challenge with our kids is a direct invitation for our own growth; they are, in their own immature way, asking us to provide them with leadership.” ~ Hal Runkel


“It is the nature of the child to be dependent, and it is the nature of dependence to be outgrown. Begrudging dependency because it is not independence is like begrudging winter because it is not yet spring. Dependency blossoms into independence in its own time.” ~ Peggy O'Mara


"I really am your gift. I am not just a little person who needs to be "raised" and taught, and taken to activities....I came to the people in my life to bring a message: slow down. Feel. Be. Over and over again. When you do, you will notice immediately, that I am not an obstacle to your work, or… inconvenient to your daily life. Instead, you will come to appreciate my honesty, humor, presence and love."-Bruce Scott

1 comment:

  1. So needed to read these today, K. Thanks for posting...you really gave me the boost I needed to get through the rest of the evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)