Friday, September 16, 2011

Finding my Groove

Well we are almost through our second week of homeschool.  I. am. tired.
This is new and therefore a bit awkward... and exhausting.  Did I mention that?


We had our ups and downs for sure.  Tuesday this week was pretty terrible.  We were coming off of a three day weekend (daddy was home Monday) and also the boys' big party and grandparent time on Sunday.  Plenty of melt-downs all around.  (Including me... sigh)


However, I changed things up a bit and Wednesday was much better.  Thursday was a wash due to some pretty major personal things going on.  We got back on track today and had a really great morning.  I was commenting on it and W said, "Everyday should be like this."  Love that kid.
I am finding that once I get W's attention in the morning I need to keep it for a bit.  This is turning out to be a good thing.  Considering that my boys are early risers, we can get all of our schoolwork out of the way pretty early.  This morning after lessons, we had a lovely nature walk at the local park. 
 

It is frustrating when something doesn't go as planned, but I remember that this is normal when you are a teacher!  Good intentions and careful plans don't always get you where you want to go.  Flexibility and knowing your student(s) are essential. 

I know I need to continue to work on my attitude and fake some confidence for awhile. 
Slowly, we are finding our groove.


And seriously, how adorable are my students?

2 comments:

  1. They are SO adorable! Yes, flexibility is essential, and you will find your groove! Soon you won't have to fake confidence at all... you'll have it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, Yep, we are just in our 2nd week of first ever official organized homeschool too! Wow, fulfilling but hard work. It helps that my girls like to sing so we can always learn a new song:) Glad to read your thoughts!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello! I appreciate hearing from my tens of readers more than you know. :)